The following items are not acceptable for carriage via USPS (or another postal service) to any international destinations. (Additional restrictions may apply depending on destination. Various regulatory clearances in addition to Customs clearance may be required for certain commodities, thereby extending the transit time.) - Alcoholic beverages (e.g., beer, wine, spirits).
- APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
- Collectible and/or irreplaceable items (any item worth more than its original purchase price or that is not commonly available), including but not limited to antiques, fine art, or collectible coins and stamps.
- Collect On Delivery (C.O.D.) shipments.
- Human corpses, human organs or body parts, human and animal embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Explosives and incendiary devices.
- Firearms, weaponry, bows and crossbows and their parts or ammunition. Knives with the blade length of 3.5" and more are also prohibited.
- Perishable foodstuffs and foods/beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control.
- Live animals, eggs, larva, live insects, live spiders.
- Ivory and endangered animals.
- Plants and plant material, including cut flowers.
- Cigarettes (including roll-your-own tobacco) and smokeless tobacco products, as defined by applicable Postal Service regulations for domestic or international mail.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by local, state, provincial, or national law.
- Money (coins, cash, currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters).
- Pornographic and/or obscene material.
- Shipments being processed under:
a. Duty drawback claims.
b. Temporary Import Bonds.
c. U.S. State Department licenses.
e. U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration export permit.
f. Shipments destined to or being withdrawn from a Foreign Trade Zone.
g. Letters of Credit.
h. Certificate of Registration shipments (CF4455).
i. Shipments moving into or out of Foreign Trade Zones or bonded warehouses.
- Shipments requiring filing of Electronic Export Information, or EEI (formerly known as Shipper’s Export Declaration, or SED), or any such filing of export data.
- Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes or other medical waste.
- Shipments that may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel, or other shipments.
- Shipments that require us to obtain any special license or permit for transportation, importation or exportation.
- Shipments or commodities whose carriage, importation or exportation is prohibited by any law, statue or regulation.
- Shipments with a declared value for customs in excess of that permitted for a specific destination.
- Dangerous goods, hazardous goods or combustible materials as defined by International Air Transport Association, by applicable sea or road transport regulation, or by applicable Postal Service regulations for domestic or international mail, including but not limited to:
b. Category A infectious substances.
c. Compressed gases, including those that are flammable or those that are nonflammable with an absolute pressure exceeding 40 psi at 70º F or 104 psi at 130º F.
d. Corrosives (liquid or solid).
e. Dry ice (carbon dioxide solid).
f. Perfume. Flammable materials, including pyrophoric, flammable, or combustible liquids with a closed cup flash point below 200º F; or flammable solids, including matches.
g. Magnetized material with a magnetic field strength of .002 gauss or more at a distance of 7 feet.
h. Poisons, irritants, or controlled substances.
j. Lithium Batteries
- Processed or unprocessed dead animals, including insects and pets.
- Drugs/narcotics (illegal) or drug paraphernalia.
- Packages that are wet, leaking, or emit an odor of any kind.
- Electronic devices that can be classified as being for industrial or defence industrial use (e.g. toughbooks or other devices with hardened cases).
- Radiocontrolled devices such as helicopters or quadrocopters having video cameras with the control area of more than 200 metres in diameter. Such devices with the cost of more than $500 are also cannot be sent.
- Wildlife products that require U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service export clearance prior to exportation from the U.S.